Once you have secured your wedding date with Rosa, she will provide with a booklet entitled Together for Life. You will find this publication invaluable in planning your ceremony. You may also consult a website –
– to help you plan. However, this website is not a substitute for the booklet that contains the all the prayers and readings.
The most basic decision about your wedding is whether or not it will be celebrated with a Nuptial Mass or with a Nuptial Ceremony.
The Nuptial Ceremony is a beautiful rite that celebrates the sacred union of the couple through the exchange of vows in the presence of the Church. The ceremony includes:
- Welcome and Opening Prayer
- Readings from of Sacred Scripture
- Homily (sermon) given by the presiding priest or deacon
- The Declaration of Consent & Vows
- The Blessing & Exchange of Rings
- The Prayers of the Faithful
- The Our Father
- The Nuptial & Final Blessing
The second option for your wedding is the Nuptial Mass. It is longer than the nuptial ceremony (about 50 minutes) because it also includes the Eucharistic Celebration and the reception of Holy Communion. We recommend the Nuptial Mass only when both spouses are Catholic and most of their guests attend Mass regularly.
If you are uncertain about choosing a Nuptial Ceremony or a Nuptial Mass, please speak with one of our priests before deciding.