If you are not a member of the Basilica and wish to have your child baptized here: You are urged to have your child baptized at the parish where you regularly worship. If there is good reason for your child to be baptized at the Basilica, you need to follow these steps:
- Call the Parish Office to obtain a Baptism Registration Form and return it to the Parish Office. keep in mind that the godparent(s) must be both baptized and confirmed;
- Obtain a letter from us to be signed by your Pastor stating that you are a member of the parish and that he gives you permission to have the baptism celebrated at the Basilica. You need to obtain a copy of this form letter from our Parish Office;
- Submit a copy of the Baptismal Certificate of at least one parent;
- Make an appropriate Offering to the church.
- Call the Parish Office to sign up for the Baptism Preparation Sesion. The parents and the godparents must attend. It is generally held on the first Monday of each month starting at 7:00 PM and ending at 8:30 PM. If the parents and godparents cannot attend the same session, they may complete the requirements by attending separate sessions on different months. If the godparents cannot attend the session, they may provide us with a letter attesting they have completed a preparation course in their home parish. Godparents must be Catholic. Witnesses can be non-Catholic Christians
- Schedule a date for the Baptism by calling the Parish Office after you have completed the Session.
All Baptisms occur after the 12:45 pm Mass. Further, please note that there are no Baptisms during Advent or Lent. The very best time for Baptism is the Easter Vigil on Holy Saturday night.