In the 19th century, Hibernian Hall ( AOH headquarters) was located on Prince Street between Mott and Mulberry Streets;
The AOH supported Archbishop John J. Hughes in defended the church against desecration by the anti-Catholic nativists in the 1850’s by forming a blockade around the cemetery walls of the church;
The first St. Patrick’s Day Parade, originating from St. James Church on Monroe Street, would march up the cathedral to demonstrate pride in their Irish heritage.
The Manhattan County Board of the AOH holds their monthly meetings in the Parish House of St. Patrick’s Old Cathedral. Click the following link to navigate to their website: http://www.nyaoh.com/