In November of 1815, The Most Reverend John Connolly, the first resident Bishop of the Diocese of New York,
arrived from Europe to preside over the newly completed cathedral on Mott Street. Now two hundred years later, Timothy Cardinal Dolan will officiate at the blessing of a newly restored Basilica of St. Patrick’s Old Cathedral, the Archbishop John J. Hughes Memorial, Catacombs, Bell Tower, and new Altagracia Chapel.
We have many ways for you the parishioner to be involved in the celebration of the 200th Anniversary.
If you would like to be a part of the activities leading up to November 22nd we are looking for help in the following areas:
- Design, Planning & Production for events
- We are looking for some help in the production of the events coming up.
- Staging & Lighting
- Do you have any experience with this? Do you know anyone that does staging and lighting we can use?
- Catering & Staffing
- We are looking for food for the 22nd of November and people to help serve
- Photographer& Videographer
- Are you or someone you know great with a camera? We need people to document these momentous occasions.
- Public Relations
- We would like to get this out to the neighborhood and local businesses, can you help with some media?
- We need some people to help sell raffle tickets and journal ads.
- Event coordinator
- Help manage the actual events and oversee volunteer staff
- Website Maintenance & Social Media
- Can you help keep the website updated with information about the 200th? Get it out to the masses?
- Greeters- Each Mass
- Do you love to bake? Know a professional baker? We are looking for sweet treats to serve
- No occasion is a success without flowers, do you know anyone that can help with flowers for both events?